Jackson Community Recycling
Jackson Community Recycling, the recycling center, provides residents and visitors of Teton County the opportunity for recycling instead of landfilling many solid wastes.
Community Recycling Sites **SEVEN DAYS A WEEK**
Our drop off center is accessible 24 hours a day for added convenience.
-glass bottles and jars
-magazines and catalogs
-#2 plastic grocery bags
-plastic #1 and #2 bottles only
Items recovered at Jackson Community Recycling are sold to agencies that manufacture products made from recycled materials.
You can take your recyclables to one of our seven community recycling sites, conveniently located throughout the county, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK! You’ll find our NEW roll off recycling containers at all but two of the following locations:
- in Jackson on the Rodeo grounds at the corner of Snow King Avenue and Flat Creek Drive
- in Jackson at the Recreation Center parking lot on east Gill
- north of town on Spring Gulch road just north of the Gros Ventre River Bridge
- in Albertson's parking lot, southwest corner
- at the Aspens in the commercial parking area
- in Teton Village east of the new Ranch parking lot in the maintenance yard
- in Hoback Junction north of Fire Station #3
All general recycling materials accepted at JCR can be recycled at these seven locations.
View My Saved Places in a larger map>
Trash Transfer Station
The Teton County Transfer Station is located at the Horsethief Canyon Landfill site, approximately four miles south of Jackson, Wyoming at 5400 W. US26/89/191. The Transfer facility has several staging areas for separating specific materials so these materials can be hauled to the appropriate areas for either recycling, landfill materials or hazardous waste. Specific areas at the Station are: animal disposal cell, tires disposal trailer where the are hauled and recycled, appliance disposal area is provided and Freon is disposed of appropriately.
Winter Hours of Operation (Mid-October - Mid-May)
Monday - Friday 8:00-3:00
Summer Hours of Operation (Mid-May- Mid-October)
Monday - Friday 7:00-3:00