The Treasurer's Office is searching for a self-starter with excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn all functions of the Treasurer's Office. This position will perform experienced accounting and technical support duties for the County Treasurer's Office.
Basic Job Duties:
- Maintain general ledger, reconcile bank accounts, perform month-end closings and year-end closing of the general ledger
- Exercise initiative in performing accounting work, and resolving problems; monitor accounts, and develop accounting and transaction documents and reports
- Accept, verify, audit, and reconcile property tax collections and motor vehicle fee transactions
- Initiate and monitor money transfers between various bank accounts held by the County
- Answer correspondence, phone and electronic mail concerning procedures or inquiries on the processing of payments. Greets and assists the public with inquiries concerning taxes, motor vehicle licensing and any other Treasurer Office related matters.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and 3 years of government accounting experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This position offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. The hiring range is $20.90 - $21.96 per hour
**Resume is required with application**
Application deadline is September 22nd, 4:00 pm