Teton County Fairgrounds staff would like to remind the public that they are invited to ride their horses at the Heritage Arena throughout the winter during “Open Ride” times.
The Heritage Arena “Open Ride” time is available seven days a week in two-hour increments, now through April 30, 2022. On Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, “Open Ride” is from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. On Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, “Open Ride” is from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
“Open Ride” users do not need to reserve time in advance, but there are some rules that riders must follow:
- No personal equipment of any kind may be stored or left on the Fairground premises.
- Be courteous and clean-up after yourself and your animals. This includes inside the barn, tie-up areas, and parking lots.
- Stock, barrels, poles, roping dummies, and other roping devices require reservations (no props or stock are allowed in the arena during any open riding or unscheduled time).
- Riding lessons are not allowed during “Open Ride” times and will require a private reservation.
- Animal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in the loss of arena privileges indefinitely.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Heritage Arena.
- Horses may not be left unattended in the Heritage Arena Facilities, which includes no overnight boarding of livestock.
The Outdoor Rodeo Arena is closed to horseback riders during the winter to allow for the ice-skating rink at the Fairgrounds.
For more information, please visit the Teton County Fairgrounds’ website at https://www.tetoncountyfair.com/151/Heritage-Arena, or call 307-733-5289.