The Teton County Environmental and Public Health team is hiring for a full-time, year round, Administrative Assistant. Ideal candidates will be team-players with excellent attention to detail, and enjoy working with the public.
Basic Job Duties:
- Performs experienced clerical, technical, and administrative duties, including special projects, special program activities, managing calendars, coordinating activities, data management, record keeping, research, and providing informed and confidential technical assistance to County staff and clients; performs duties in accordance with County policy and procedures, and within scope of authority; duties may vary according to job assignment and work skills.
- Uses knowledge of County policies and state and federal regulations to assist work group with County administrative support functions, technical procedures, and program administration; explains rules, policies, and procedures; works independently, and makes appropriate decisions based on experience.
- Exercises initiative in performing technical assignments and resolving problems; develops and creates technical and operational documents and reports; applies judgment and knowledge of the operations of the work group to resolve problems and make work process decisions; refers matters requiring policy interpretation to supervisor for resolution.
- Manages special projects and programmatic assignments, covering a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of the procedures and policies of the assigned Department; creates, reviews, edits, and processes memoranda, technical documents, and other communications.
- Perform routine and non-routine bookkeeping duties which may include accounts payable, receivable and billing; collect, receipt count, and balance money.
- Using knowledge of County policies and procedures, provides experienced customer service, information, and assistance to visitors, staff, and others having business with the County; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms, and other documents.
- Maintains department files and library; collects and compiles statistical data; develops and creates administrative, technical, and statistical reports; updates manual and computer records and tracking systems.
- Purchases and distributes supplies and equipment, and manages inventory; works with vendors, verifies deliveries and services, and resolves customer service and technical issues.
- May serve as secretary to various committees, Boards, and/or task forces; prepare, copy, and distribute meeting agendas and related materials, minutes, resolutions, or other formal documents.
- Cross trains in a wide variety of technical, clerical, and office support duties.
- Maintain Department website by updating content and related forms regularly.
- May verify accuracy of employee time records and submit payroll data for processing.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Application deadline is October 27th, 4:00 pm
Teton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer