Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Make an appointment online or give us a call at 307-733-7678.
Check the labels for toxicity. All hazardous products exhibit at least one of these properties:
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility does not accept latex or water based paints. These paints can be thrown in the regular trash when dry and solid. An easy way to tell if the paint is water-based is if the directions specify soap and water clean-up.
Directions for drying:
1. Remove paint can lid. Stir paint.
2. Add one part absorbent (kitty litter, floor dry, bentonite) to two parts paint and mix well.
3. Leave lid off to let dry.
4. Paint will be solid and dry in about 24 hours. It will look like dried cottage cheese.
5. It is safe to throw in the trash. Leave the lid off so your collector can see that the paint is solid.
Disposing of Medical Waste
Teton County Public Health invites residents to place used sharps in plastic containers no larger than two quarts and deposit the container into the receptacle located at Teton County Public Health at 460 East Pearl Avenue. Public Health staff will then ensure the sharps are properly disposed.
Prescription drugs can be dropped off a the Teton County Sheriff's office in a drop box located at 180 S. King Street.
About Teton County | Contact Us | Jobs | Links